1. Warehouse Team Member / Photographer
2. Driver / Mover
3. Administrative Assistant
This is by far the coolest place to work!
How about we skip ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? Our small business is located in Muncie, Indiana. We are biased - but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work for, ever. And we really believe that we are changing the world (you will see what we mean when you check out our website!). Honestly, our jobs not all roses and puppy dogs - there is some good news and there is some bad news.
Let's get the bad news out of the way first:
1. The pay sucks. Meaning, you won't get rich at this job. The pay starts at a low hourly rate. It can be some extra spending money, for sure and their are opportunities to earn more. However, if you are seeking a job to support a household then this is no longer the "coolest" part time job ever, it is now the "suckiest" part time job ever.
2. Although we do have environmentally controlled office and photography stations, we sometimes work outdoors and in a warehouse environment. Our outdoor and warehouse jobs can be cold in the winter - Warm in the summer. We help people rent trucks, connect trailers and clean them when returned. So there is some heavy lifting and muscle work. You may also help move home contents to the warehouse.
Review point 1 and 2 - Now let's talk about the good stuff:
You're on your feet photographing items, tagging and you may be moving items, unloading trucks, and cleaning trucks. Just think of the amazing cardio you will get every day - yeah, that's right, basically a free gym membership comes with the job! Okay, so that part is maybe not the greatest, but there are some (truly) great things...
The work is fun!. You will be working directly for the owner, Troy, and helping him with a mix of projects and support. We aren't big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting this done right the first go around.
The Job is primarily DAY SHIFT. Isn't that cool?
You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You could possibly dictate the work that you do.
You could also earn the right to share in our profits. Hellz yeah, you read that right!!! Once you learn our systems and prove your value, you may be allowed to oversee auctions that you bring to the table and share in those profits. Cha-Ching-ga!!!
You don't need to be skilled at dancing and working, but you should know that we listen to the radio while we work.
You pretty much decide when to take a break. All we ask is that you clock out when you do.
Now let's talk about the job requirements:
1. You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will knock out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
2. You will be using your cell phone on our wifi to clock-in and clock-out and to photograph and describe product. So, an understanding of using your cell phone will be necessary.
3. You will be greating customers. So, you need to enjoy talking with people and helping them get the items they bought at our online auctions.
4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
5. You need to nail down the details. You don't need to race through work and get things done half-***ed (we figured that one out ourselves). We need you to get them done right.
6. We want you to be meticulous in your work. If you are shy or quiet (which actually sounds perfect for us) that is totally cool. We are not looking for life of the party... in fact, quite the opposite. We are looking for a good, fun person, who get's S*** done. Yep - stuff!
In short, your job is to help Troy in any way you can. And to have fun at work ( who wants a job that isn't fun?). Our office is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
But what we don't expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done with attitude. When you have questions, you will find the answers with a quick yell to Troy or anyone else on our team.
To learn more about us, check out MrBidAuctions.com.
If this is the job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it...we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: This is a part time position. The hours will be 0-30+ a week. You must come into our warehouse in Muncie to work (sorry, but this is not a virtual job).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position send a message through Mr Bid Auctions Facebook page that you tells me "I have found my type of peeps" . Yep, that's our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (you) who are truly interested in this position.